The Solution is Simple!
A good design will feature the latest in constructed wetland technology and aeration. This combination will provide you
with pristine water quality, sustainable results and a water feature that will be an investment to the value of the property.
Let us assist you in meeting your water quality goals while allowing you to achieve the maximum return on your
Constructed wetland systems are a very effective management practice for both pollutant removal and runoff storage.
When properly designed, they incorporate the processes of sediment removal, microbial decomposition, and aquatic
plant uptake, significantly reducing the short-term and long-term maintenance costs involved with water quality and
sediment removal. Not only will the system save you money in the long run, but the waterfalls, streams, and aquatic
plantings will add to the aesthetic dollar value of the landscape.
|Turn your Retention Pond into a Beautiful Water Feature
Adding filtration to existing detention ponds not only adds the beautiful sights and sounds of a
waterfall, but also improves water quality and increases surrounding property values!
Large Pond Surface Aeration
Enhance the visual beauty of the pond
The continuing cycle of water circulation and induced wave action prevents thermal stratification and supports aerobic
bacterial action. Stagnant water is also a mosquito breeding environment. Your result is clearer, cleaner, odor-free water.
Features and Benefits
- UL & cUL Listed and CE Recognized
- Interchangeable nozzles available
- Exclusive energy efficient motor
- 1/2 to 10 HP; single and three phase motors
- Patented, high-efficiency stainless steel propeller diffuser system
- Maximum circulation and aeration
- Stainless steel motor housings
- 120 volt underwater lighting option available
THREE FOUNTAIN CHOICES
1. Standard High Volume Flow (HVF) This model is standard with every unit.
2. Geyser - A multiport nozzle achieves a dramatic vertical pattern in a solid column of water, fanning slightly at top.
3. Crown & Geyser - A beautiful, dramatic pattern, still achieves aeration results. This nozzle combines the Standard
HVF with the vertical Geyser column of water through its center.
Large Scale Projects
Nothing is more dramatic than lake front property. In fact, it continues to be one of the best
real estate investments out there. With natural lakes and streams in limited supply, savvy
developers and investors are positioning themselves to capitalize on the marketability of
waterfront property by creating their own lakes and streams. The unfortunate problem is that
most of them are destined to fail.
Problems with Traditional Large Scale Water Features and Retention
- High Maintenance
- Poor Water Quality
- Excessive Nutrients (Nitrogen and Phosphorus)
- High Amounts of Suspended Solids
- Low Dissolved Oxygen
"According to Mike Perkaus, Senior Biologist for Aquatic Ecosystems Management, "Wetlands have been shown to be
among the most effective practices for removing pollutants from water. The scientific testing we've performed on
Aquascapes' wetland system has provided impressive results. Total suspended solids that cause poor water clarity were
reduced by over 3000%. Nutrients that supported algae, such as total nitrogen, were reduced during a season by over
112 percent. Aquatic vegetation in the wetland experienced 50% more growth than vegetation in the pond. This is a
great example that shows plants in the wetland are playing an important role in binding and reducing excess nutrients
from the water." Learning from Mother Nature is one of the great keys to survival for future generations of the human
race, and a wonderful place to start is with retention ponds...around the nation."
-- Ed Beaulieu Aquascape Lifestyles Magazine Fall 2005
Water quality issues on large-scale water features, such as retention ponds and golf course
pond systems are historically tackled through aggressive maintenance routines of applying
chemicals and weeding algae – both of which are costly and labor-intensive processes. The
Aquascape™ patented Snorkel™ Vault and Centipede Module™ wetland system is designed
to not only functionally reduce the maintenance costs associated with large-scale ponds, but to
provide beauty and an aesthetic element to the pond’s design.
Feature and Benefits
- Highly-effective at removal of sediment (suspended solids) from the pond.
- Easily access collected sediment with the Snorkel™ Vault, reducing the need for costly and invasive dredging.
- Improves water clarity.
- Strips excess nutrients from the water column, reducing algae and the physical and chemical maintenance that goes
along with removing algae.
- Removes toxic metals, chemicals, and hydrocarbons flushed into the system via storm water with the help of plants
and beneficial bacteria.
- The filter’s modular design allows it to be constructed in a number of shapes and sizes.
- Works on earth bottom and liner membrane ponds.
- Easily retrofitted on existing ponds.
- Create a waterfall and stream by designing the wetland filter system off the perimeter of the pond.
- Add a natural aesthetic characteristic to the pond design with aquatic plants and stone.
Large Pond Bottom Aeration
Aeration is one of the most underrated components of a
successful large-scale project. Both good oxygenation and
circulation are keys to beneficial bacteria growth that will help
break down organic matter on the pond bottom. Bottom
aeration, in combination with the Aquascape™ patented
wetland filter, provides a complete filtration system from the
surface of the water down to the deepest point in the pond.
Features and Benefits of ProAir 1™
- Submerged aeration maintains the pond's natural
- One aeration system will effectively circulate ponds up to
- Operates on ponds from 4 feet to 30 feet deep
- Reduces nutrient levels associated with algae growth
- SAFE - no electricity in the water and full GFCI
protection built in
- Self-cleaning aeration disks require NO maintenance